Gotta make the insurance company happy.
Know what you’re thinking… “Rules and safety waivers are dumb and inconvenient”. Yeah, we’re not big fans of them either but we gotta make the insurance company happy. New customers can now register online and will sign the waivers when they check-in. For large groups, parties, and events it's recommended you register prior to the event and use the event code. This will help speed up the check-in process when you're here. Safety waivers are required for the high-speed kart racing and all other activities except the arcade.
Go-Kart Racing Requirements
Safety waivers are required for all Adult and Youth race participants. There's also a quick 3 minute safety video first time drivers need to watch before racing. Close toed shoes are required in order to race, we provide shoe rentals for $2.00. Adult and Youth karts are not on track at the same time (they race in separate races).
Well quite simply our Adult karts = Heavy Mass + High Speed and our Youth Karts = Light Mass + High Speed. Newton’s Third Law of Motion states that when one body (adult kart) exerts a force on a second body (youth kart) there will be a massive crash resulting in the second body (youth kart) taking flight. Okay, made that last part up but you get the point.
Youth High-Speed Karts
- Ages 8-15 and at least 48" tall (NC State requirement)
- Maximum weight 170 lbs
Adult High-Speed Karts
- Ages 16+ and at least 48" tall
(NC State requirement)
- Must have Proof of age
- Maximum weight 300 lbs
Important Kart Track Rules
Okay, here’s the really important stuff… These are not bumper cars at an amusement park but rather professionally setup racing karts designed to go fast (yeah baby!). That’s why we give you a full face helmet and neck collar. If you receive a warning while racing, please understand that this is being done to ensure the safety of everyone racing which is more important to us than anything else. Accidents unfortunately happen when one or more customers do not follow our rules and pay attention to the flags and lights.
- Always obey the track marshals. Any customer who ignores a warning by a marshal will be given a polite verbal warning after the race. Repeated offenses may result in a customer’s removal/ban from future races.
- All drivers must wear a DOT approved full face helmet, neck collar, and closed toe shoes. We provide both of these but you can bring your own helmet and/or neck collar if you want. Just make sure they’re in good condition and have the proper DOT or SFI safety rating.
- Kart racing poses special risks to people with neck or back problems, heart conditions, anyone who is pregnant, anyone who should not be in a stressful or physically demanding environment. If you have any doubt, please check with your doctor before racing.
- The Pit has a strict "zero tolerance policy" regarding alcohol and/or drug abuse. Any person who fails or refuses to take a breathalyzer test, or appears to be under the influence, will not be permitted to race.
- Just like in professional racing, we do not allow “intentional contact”. Of course we understand the saying “rubbin is racing” but anyone displaying aggression (physical or verbal) towards other customers or our track marshals will be removed from the race. No refunds will be given.
- If you spin out the kart wait for a marshal to assist you. Under no circumstances should you attempt to get out of the kart or push yourself away from the barriers with either your hands or feet. Stay inside the kart at all times. Never drive backwards on the track to turn around.
Fequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to sign the safety waiver? >Our Safety Waiver verifies all information you entered into our kiosk for your customer profile is accurate and that you understand and agree to follow all of our safety rules and procedures for each activity. The Safety Waiver also states that we will never give out or sell your information.
Does the info I entered for my customer profile stay private? >Absolutely! When you sign in on one of our kiosks you'll only enter basic information. Whether making a purchase in person or over the phone we never store or keep any billing information. Again, all customer information is strictly confidential and is never given out or sold.
I'm not a member, do I have to sign a safety waiver every time I visit? >No, anyone who has went through the check-in process and signed a safety waiver does not have to sign it again.
Who can sign the safety waiver for a youth? >The youth's parent(s) or legal guardian. We also accept signatures from immediate relatives such as Aunts, Uncles, Grandma, Grandpa, etc... A friend's parent(s) may sign the waiver as long as they have permission to do so.